Sunday, March 25, 2007

My date with Jacob



Jacob and I had some quality one on one time this weekend. We went to have a funny face pancake at Ihop. Then it was off to check out a new preschool - Chesterbrook, on the far side of Manassas. A bit more than what we are paying now, but definitely a preschool and not a daycare. A more structured curriculum and a gorgeous facility, but it will be way out of my way in the morning. But I am thinking about it. After an hour checking that out, we went to see TMNT. He is a boy obsessed now. The movie was actually pretty good and he did a great job sitting through it. It was about 90 minutes long and I think that's all he can do right now.

I always feel pangs of guilt when Jake and I do things like this. They are things that I did not have the pleasure of doing with Jimmy first. I'll be enjoying the moment with him and then I will just feel this stab and my eyes will start to well. Why don't I get to share these things with him? I take Jimmy out to eat, but he bounces around. I usually have to get a box because I don't have the opportunity to finish my meal. I can't imagine trying to get him to sit through a movie. I hope we will someday have our dates, too. I want to share these things with him, have special time with him. You know, time that doesn't involve an ABA therapist.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute kid.

E