Thursday, November 06, 2008

Wow...

I haven't posted in almost a week. I am back taking a class again, trying to finish off the requirements of my professional credentials. I have also picked up a nasty cold. My voice is fading in and out, always a little worse after the younger kids come to the library. It's been a busy week.

Well, Barack Obama is our next president. I hope that the world will improve a bit. Though we are weathering it well, my dh did get laid off this year. I think the troubles with the economy touch everyone. Jimmy's stuff... well, I am hoping that IDEA doesn't remain an unfunded mandate from the federal government and children like my son get the help they need. I hope that with a leader of vision, this government will start to have a vision for these kids as they grow into adults that will create a place for them in society where they can grow, contribute, and thrive. A government that might truly look into a cause and cure for kids like my son. I hope for all these things and think that we will have a better chance of seeing these things now.

And Obama getting elected isn't even the biggest thing to happen this week... Jimmy is asking to use the bathroom at school. That's almost more miraculous than having someone who isn't a white male elected president!

No comments: