Thursday, March 05, 2009

My family: We're coming to DC, but we aren't coming to see you...

I am so bummed. My sister and her kids are coming over spring break. Fabulous, no. Clearly issues are there, given the title of this point. They are coming over their break, March 16 through 19, days in which I will still be at work. They are staying at my mom's house. And they are going to do the tourist thing in a serious way, only setting foot in Virginia for the last day to go to Mt. Vernon and Reagan National Airport. I have two personal days left, with one allocated for travel to Christine's graduation and another half set aside for the annual IEP meeting for Jimmy. Yes, mine take hours. Moreover, I had two meetings that week - regular school board on Monday and joint session on Tuesday. Wednesday is Jimmy's therapy session, so I don't even have an evening to sneak over across the bridge for dinner.

Arrghhh...

No comments: