Tuesday, August 03, 2010

What I have been up to...

I know it has been a long while since I have posted.  Fatigue mostly.  Mommy burn out.  A summer school job.  A trip courtesy of the in-laws (really, the nicest gift ever.) 


I have been doing attendance at the high school while the boys are in summer school and camps.  I should be cleaning the garage.  Actually, most of the summer, it was really too hot for that, so what did it matter.  


I have had four trips to UVA for Jimmy with one more left this summer.  One was on the day of a horrible storm, when we arrived after a two drive just to have both appointments canceled.  Everything sort of culminated today with a seizure diagnosis, which isn't unheard of - actually, the doctor said a 1/3 of autistics have seizures.  And his are mild (staring spells.)  But it is a medication change a month before school.  Yay!   


I need a summer break from my summer break.  And I go back to regular work on the 16th.  


But while Jacob was in Texas and Jimmy was with respite providers and relatives (that was a team effort, with E leading the charge and loads of support!), my in-laws gifted us with a trip for our tenth anniversary.  With Jimmy's needs, my opportunities to travel will be few and far between - indeed, this is the first time I had ever left the continent, the first time I have left the country since the kids were born, and first time I needed to get a passport.  It was amazing.  We went to...




Florence




No comments: