Monday, August 13, 2012

Ayn Rand Fanboy for VP



Paul Ryan loves her.  She believed in eugenics and "Rand dismissed the feminist movement as "false" and "phony," denigrated both Arabs and Native Americans  as "savages" (going so far as to say the latter had no rights and that Europeans were right to take North American lands by force) and  expressed horror that taxpayer money was being spent on government programs aimed at educating "subnormal children" and helping the handicapped." (Article here.)  I could have stomached Romney before (he might have been a good president), but with Ryan, I see no future for my child or our family.  I have already had people express these sentiments to me (strangers and acquaintances) before, that my son was a waste of tax money, that he should have been genetically testing and dealt with.  With Ryan, I am starting to feel a little like "The Handmaid's Tale."  The one thing I have taken from this weekend's happenings: we need a third party in this political system that represents the center thinking and not the extremes.  We need a little sanity. 

No comments: