Tuesday, June 13, 2006

First Responder Training

A few months ago, I approached the local police and fire department about doing a first responder training, telling them about autism and sharing the resources and information I found. I have done the first two sessions yesterday and today and will be doing the third tomorrow. It's going pretty well. I am less nervous today than I was yesterday. Each day, I have had at least one person I have known from the departments there, which is sort of comforting. Today's group was a pretty full house. Apparently the police officers had court today, so a bunch were around for the training. They had questions, engaged on the subjects, and were really interested. I couldn't really ask for anything more. It is really gratifying when I can make this more than my cause, when I can get other people to invest in it too. I am lucky to live in a place like this, like Manassas Park, where I really get a chance to share this experience with so many different people.

Jimmy's pre-K graduation is tomorrow. I am really excited. A big day! I will post photos on Thursday.

No comments: