Sunday, February 25, 2007

More snow...

Although, this time I am hoping for a delay, so I can sleep a little longer after the Oscars! Boys are a little stir crazy today.

The update with the Jimmy meeting. They told me sometimes he snaps the belt on the Rifton chair, sometimes they do, just to get him to stay. I told them to move away from the chair and work with the Matthew's Center therapists to get him to do it. I probably should have done what was suggested and tell them no more chair, but I took the middle ground. I am still really mixed on the whole subject.

I met with the head of Special Programs the next day to talk about that meeting and getting Jimmy more services. He is putting him up for FAPT again, this time for VABA with a speech therapist. The public hearing on the school budget is in two weeks and I am getting ready for it now. I will definitely be there - they have to raise the level of services they are providing. Alex, the reporter who put all that hard work into Jimmy's story, found that Manassas Park only spends half what Manassas City spends on children with autism. I don't care how small we are, but if they can afford a new building, they can dig a little deeper and pay for the education Jimmy and his classmates need, with direct and consultative ABA services as well as parent training.

No comments: