Sunday, February 04, 2007

The Update

Things have gotten busy yet again. Jimmy's lead therapist met with the head of Special Programs and switched our services from 2 hours of direct service to 4 hours of consultative a week. She had some good points in her argument for doing it, but I am still uneasy. Consulting doesn't ensure that things actually get done. Additionally, what we are getting is still less than other jurisdictions - he needs direct and consultative services. No school system should be allowed to plead poverty when this is what constitutes "a free and appropriate education" for my child. Especially when they have so many capital expenditures...

Jimmy is doing well, though. He is still pooping in the toilet. He hasn't mastered wiping though - I'll spare you the details on that. Jacob is just Jacob. He and I battle every morning getting dressed and dropping him off at daycare. It is quite honestly the worst part of my day. His favorite teacher Shannon's last day was Friday, so I think it will be an even bigger battle of the wills now. Jimmy's signed up for spring soccer and, in the interest of equity, I am looking around for something for Jacob to do. I have to fit it in around my class though. I thought life would slow down post-graduation.

No comments: