Monday, April 09, 2007

My family doesn't schedule visits...

They just show up. I pull into my parking spot just before Jim pulls in his, shortly after 6pm. Jim runs in the house to go to the bathroom before we split the kids to do errands. I had just gotten back from the doctor after being diagnosed with strep and needed to go to the pharmacy. As I am sitting in the car, a man walks up to my window. It's my brother-in-law Jamie. He is up from Texas for business in Richmond for the week. No one told me a thing. Not a word. Didn't think anything about my sister's multiple phone calls to work today. Nope. We went to dinner and he played with the boys for a while before heading back. He is returning tomorrow night too. He could be hitting the bars while he is away from my sister, but no, he wants to see his nephews. He is nothing if not family oriented. I think its sweet. Of course, the timing is horrible as I have a presentation for class Wednesday night, meetings tomorrow, and a raging case of strep. But I am happy. Jimmy and Jacob are both having the best time with him.

No comments: