Monday, May 05, 2008

Single parenting for the weekend...

A few months ago, DH's father called and started apologizing profusely. He book a fishing charter for his friends and wanted his son to go too. On Mother's Day. Turns out it is a crack of dawn affair, so he will be gone Saturday too. It's not like I didn't decide to make the best of it - my mom and I are taking the boys to the zoo on Sunday. Though both boys have been to the zoo, I haven't been with them yet. I am thrilled for the opportunity, especially with the spiffy new stroller. Saturday has sort of taken me by surprise. If anyone wants to entertain me on Saturday, whether its an invite over or riding shotgun in my minivan and going to the mall, call me. I'm free...

On the autism side of life, Risperdal is working very well. It has curbed the aggressive behavior like the hair pulling. I think he is become more verbal as well. Yesterday, when his therapist came over, he greeted her with a "Hi Miss Rachel." Then he turned to me and said "Hi Miss Mommy" and followed up with a nice "I love you." These are the things that make life worth living.

No comments: