Monday, October 19, 2009

Another letter to the editor on the autism bill debacle...

At least I am not the only one who cares... InsideNova.com had another letter regarding the killing of HB1588 and the role of our local delegate Jackson Miller. I get really worked up about it when this issue comes up, thus my overly harsh comments of the other day in the comments page. I appreciate his support of the bill initially, but I truly hope he has learned a valuable lesson. No, not that he should not sponsor the next autism bill that comes his way. I hope he now knows that his first responsibility isn't to his lobbyists or party leaders, but to his constituents. He is a nice man, he is a bright man, and I am fairly certain that he is going to get the message when all is said and done. Right now, I must say I love the editorial page editor who is running these letters!!! He is giving voice to something that is so important.

In a related matter...

Even with her earlier press release, I still don't know Jeanette Rishell's stance on the issue of autism. Can someone enlighten me?

No comments: