Monday, November 16, 2009

I guess I really need to learn how to read legislation...

Hidden in all of that grant stuff, it was there... I just didn't see it...
U.S. House Passes Health Insurance Reform Bill Containing Provision for Autism Insurance Reform
Washington, DC (November 8, 2009) --

Autism Speaks, the nation's largest autism science and advocacy organization, today applauds the members of the U.S. House of Representatives for passing a health care reform bill that contains a provision for autism insurance reform in a vote held late last night.

The provision, introduced this past July by Congressman Mike Doyle (D-PA) and passed by the House Energy and Commerce Committee, will prohibit discrimination in benefits against people with autism by including behavioral health treatments as part of the essential benefits package. The bill must now be passed by the U.S. Senate.


I am still not sure what that all means... what is the essential benefits package? The one that every insure must provide, whether it be through your employer or the government? I am unclear. Maybe I will do some homework later. For now, its off to take care of a sick Jimmy and fold laundry.

No comments: