Sunday, March 28, 2010

Why Sandra Bullock Might Consider Staying

I loves me some Sandy Bullock.  I always have.  I don't run out to see every movie because, face it, some have been stinkers, but more often than not, they aren't.  She is more of an everywoman than you get in Hollywood.  I stayed up to see her win her Oscar - by God, that was a coronation, because she really had been building for it slowly since Crash.  Then her personal life imploded by Tiger Wooding barely a week later - surreal.

I read this article today.  I had to share it.

Because of his acts, she has to choose between her dignity and a five year old child she has come to love as her own. Ex-step-mothers have no legal rights. Sandra -- who dedicated her Academy Award to "the moms who take care of the babies and the children, wherever they come from" -- cannot leave him without leaving them. She cannot stay with them without staying with him. And what will America say, and what will happen to her career, if Miss Congeniality stays?
Stay or go, Sandy, I still love you.  If you stay for your child, you have done so because you have done what biological parents find it hard to do - truly put her first.  And maybe, just maybe, this is your chance, Sandra Bullock, to advocate for change where it might be needed in the law, to give yourself and other step-parents a voice.

No comments: