Tuesday, April 06, 2010

To tell you how things are going...

Yes, I got busy again...

And I do have a lot to say about my trip to UVA.  But it will have to wait.

That case of shingles that I had.  The one that wasn't suppose to be communicable to my kids who had the chicken pox vaccine....

Jimmy was sent home with the chicken pox.  Took him to the doctor.  He didn't confirm.  Said it wasn't.  Yet.  Said it might develop.  Might now.  We are starting antivirals now.

My poster Chuck is looking like one of the wisest men on the planet about now.

Jacob shows no signs, but my spouse has never had the disease nor the vaccine.

1 comment:

Chuck said...

I wish I wasn't right and I wish I didn't have to tell you something the medical community refuses to acknowledge.

When I was diagnosed at age 40 and in alright health, the doctor I saw said he was seeing younger adults being diagnosed but he didn’t specifically connect the dots. When I told him my mother got shingles when she was in very poor health at the age of 59 he said nothing.

I have a very high tolerance for pain and a limited breakout. I was scratching my back like a bear for about a week with medication. My ASD child is also hyposensitive to pain, so it wasn’t really a bother.

I always look for the silver lining. Neither one of us need any vaccines for vacerillia, we both now have better natural immunity.