Thursday, June 30, 2005

Don't Mess with Mama

Jan 10, 2005

I wish - I have all that passive-agressive girlie conditioning. But I am pretty pissed at one of my husband's friends. He doesn't really like kids in general, but moreover, he doesn't like Jimmy. He apparently has plenty of opinions on how we our raising our child without any sort of consideration of his lack of receptive or expressive language. A quote - "You can teach a dog no." Screw him. It's more than just the no issue - Jimmy likes him. He wants to crawl in his lap and hang out with him like every other visitor in the house welcomes him doing. Pretty much everyone else in our lives, everyone else who would visit our home, seems to understand what we are up against. I want him to be external, to make friends, to be affectionate and sweet - if he isn't doing that with kids yet, but is willing to be friendly with adults, it's a start. He actually yelled at my child in front of me. The only reason that I didn't start screaming at him right then and there was all of that b.s. hostess conditioning.

I am completely ashamed that I didn't stand up for my child right then and there. Told the husband that he is not welcome in my home. Fairly passive-agressive, I know, but it's better than doing nothing. God forbid if that man calls me husband and winds up getting me on the phone. If he has opinions on child rearing, he should have one. Oooh... I am ANGRY!!! After that dog crack, I would not piss on that man if he were on fire.

No comments: