Monday, January 16, 2006

This Week Simply Must Be Better Than Last

It may not be possible though. I am turning 36 on Thursday - so begins the downward slide to 40. I have what will likely be my last SEAC meeting, since they don't bother to meet as they are supposed to and it looks like the district will be forcing me out into Manassas or Prince William County next year, neither of which have appropriate programs for my son. Either that or I get to pull him out entirely and try to find a preschool that will deal with therapist visits. That was the greatest source of my frustration last week. Given that we pay what is the highest property tax rate in Northern Virginia, I find it stunning that the school district in this city cannot be bothered to educate my child in the local schools.

Rather than ruminating over last week, we are scheduling an ABA training with Jimmy's lead therapist. Until I can get someone else to pay for it, we are going to have to do it ourselves. Actually, even if we do get some services, we still will have to do some of it ourselves. I am going to get into gear for this semester and start studying for comps. I have too much to do.

No comments: