Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Day

Well, I got 8 get out the vote calls on Saturday and 4 on Sunday. There were some yesterday, but I just picked up the phone and hung up quickly when it came across my caller ID. I am hoping tomorrow morning finds Joe Barton out of the House leadership. That would put a smile on my face for days. If you want to help children with autism, you might want to consider voting Democratic today. I think the people in Texas are foolish enough to vote him to another term, so really the only way to run him out of his chairmanship is to flip the balance of power. Part of me hopes we don't lose my member of Congress in the process - Congressman Frank Wolf and his staff have been very good to Jimmy and I on this issue - but Barton really needs to be removed from the leadership today.

On the Senate side, I am glad to be getting rid of these ugly commercials. Man, I don't like either guy all that much, based on what's been said.

And a special shout out to my favorite local reporter this morning - go get some Starbucks and get going. Something tells me you and your colleagues are going to have a busy day.

Vote!!!!

(More tonight - it's parent/teacher conference day...)

No comments: