Saturday, June 23, 2007

Enjoy the silence...

Before I found out about my summer school contract, I was afraid I would wind up with nothing, so I picked up a few shifts at the reference desk of my old employer. I am sitting here, working on lesson plans, enjoying the peace. It is really quiet. I forgot what quiet is like. Over the last year, I worked in a completely open library space in the middle of an elementary school. No quiet there. Certainly none at home. I almost expect someone to come through screaming, because that's what I am used to.

Christine has departed and I am left again with my kids. It's been a great week, but I can't wait to have Jacob back in daycare. Jimmy has another week in before summer school, so he is going to Parks and Rec for the mornings this week. Rosa will be around for him, so I have no worries about transition. Therapy kicks in earnest next week, so I will be home in the afternoon, doing lesson planning, packing, and painting. At least I hope too.

No comments: