Wednesday, June 20, 2007

First week of summer...

I have had both boys home with me. Christine, my niece, has been around to cover for me when I have meetings and stuff - she is doing a great job! We have taken them to the pool - Jimmy still won't slide, but he really likes the lazy river. His therapist came with us (session at the pool and McDonalds) and he started a quasi conversation with her about the three of us in the lazy river swimming and his recent trip to the bowling alley before school let out. It was "Mrs. Grizzard, Mr. Booty, Sonia, bowl, ball" - words strung together, not formally structured. What it represents is huge, though. We have started plotting a bedtime routine and the food plan will begin soon as well.

Jacob will start his new school on Monday. Childtime reduced the fee after my complaint, but Jacob now has his heart set on going to Cradle to Crayons. I have to let him try. Jimmy starts summer school the following week, so he will be at Parks and Rec with Rosa for next week. I enjoy the extra time with them, but it reminds me how much they are to handle. Hopefully it's better when they are older.

More later.

No comments: