Thursday, August 02, 2007

Greetings from Denton, Texas

I wrote this on the way here yesterday, so I thought I would post it and then give the context...

"Well, that was a little slice of heaven! We tried to get on a 6:05am
flight to Dallas and didn't make it off stand by. With prospects
bleak over there,we headed to National. Our flight turned doubtful
before we ever arrived. So now we are on a flight to Nashville."

Since my niece was returning to Texas, I decided to go with her. An extra set of hands would be helpful, right? They were, but, wow, what a day!

I got a nice night's sleep of less than 3 hours, before setting off to the airport. We arrived at 4:30 for a 6:05 flight. Since we were flying standby, we knew there was a chance that we wouldn't make it. We didn't. Since prospects were bleak for the rest of the day at Dulles, we got listed for a flight at National. By the time I spend $51 for the four of us to hop the SuperShuttle and we arrived, that flight was not promising either. My brother-in-law told us there were 20 seats available to Nashville and 24 from Nashville to DFW, we ran to make a Music City flight. We finally arrived here at about 1pm. My stepmom came home for her quilting group so I could take a nap. I feel better today.

Of course, there is more to the story, but it will have to wait. I think the kids should be waking up shortly. Speaking of sleep, I do have a photo to share from the flight - the last five minutes with Jacob. That was the only sleep achieved by any of us during the flight.

No comments: