Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Two pics of Jimmy that are sort of amazing...

We flew American Eagle from Nashville to National on a small jet. There were two seats on one side of the aisle and one on the other. It was a configuration that simply wasn't going to work for takeoff. Fortunately, there was an amazing compassionate family who let Jacob sit next to them during takeoff so I could focus on getting Jimmy settled. Actually, he did amazing well during take off... no meltdowns or anything. We were seated however in the back of the aircraft. The noise was so unbearable, he went half the flight with his fingers in his ears.

Eventually, Jacob rejoined us and sat in the single seat. Then I sat there as the boys played. Then Jacob moved back. On approach he started freaking because his ears were bothering him. He want to lie across my lap, so I had to move Jimmy to the single seat. What happened next brought tears to my eyes for the sheer normalcy of it.



He sat there, quietly. He looked out the window happily, watching the world go by beneath the wings.



He pulled the emergency card out and read it. It was cute. Then, when they made the annoucement that the seats had to go upright... he pressed the button to do just that. I think he understood what was being asked and he did it. It is so simple, yet completely blew me away.

I am so proud of my boy.

2 comments:

It's Just Me said...

What the hell were you doing up at fo' in the mornin'?

It's Just Me said...

Update, dammit.