Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Okay, so I got behind again...

Jimmy is now being taken to school. After demanding a solution to the bus situation late last week, Jimmy rode the regular ed bus on Friday. It was a disaster. He wouldn't stay in his seat, he melted down completely, and he was pretty stimmy for the rest of the day. After that, the school system agreed to have someone meet Jimmy at 8:05 at the building. Yesterday went off without a hitch. Theoretically, they have an additional bus driver starting in October, so the drop offs aren't forever. It's just a shame that it took this long to get resolved.

Yesterday, we also had our FAPT team meeting. They are continuing consult and direct services for another 90 days. I am pleased about that. I also found out why our caseworker over at the Community Services Board hadn't responded to my e-mails regarding getting a psych eval for Jimmy so I can get him on the DD Medicaid Waivers waiting list. He left abruptly. Nice to know. At least now I have another contact to get going with that.

That's the brief version. I have finished with the last class I am going to take for a while, so I should have time to recommit myself to my blogging.

No comments: