Sunday, April 06, 2008

A Big Week

We have a big week.  Jimmy goes back to his doctor tomorrow.  With the increase in his aggressive behaviors and mood swings, I am requesting that we try Risperdal.  It's been a long time coming, but I think we are at the point where we have to try this.  I initially dismissed Risperdal years ago with the rationale that he isn't "that" autistic.  He is.  

Jacob starts play therapy this week.  I had planned to begin this a while back because of his transition issues, overall stubbornness, and the realization that having a brother like Jimmy puts a special burden on him that I am at a loss to address.  The recent trauma only increased the need for some behavioral intervention.  He starts Wednesday, though I am only going to be able to schedule these sparsely until they give me an afterschool time slot.  

We all have IEP this week as well as the Bounce for Autism, which I am really looking forward to.  And I am trying to get back into the swing at the gym, so I am going to be hopping this week.

No comments: