Monday, April 07, 2008

In memory of...


My pet and companion of almost 19 years, Buster.  She had deteriorated over the weekend, wasn't eating or walking well.  I had scheduled a visit to the vet tonight.  When I got home from Jimmy's appointment, I couldn't find her initially.  After searching, I found her, eyes sunken in, unable to walk, and breathing heavily.  I got someone to watch him and rushed her to the office.  After a cursory exam, they put her down.  

I got Buster as a kitten when I was still at home with my folks.  She has seen me through a lot in my life.  She is the first pet that I have had from beginning to end - they were either adopted in adulthood or given away in one of our many moves as a kid.  I will miss her greatly.  

1 comment:

chumly said...

Sorry to hear about Buster, I miss my pet cat called Catt. We were lucky to have known them.