Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Whoops...

Okay, so it has been a while.

What's up? I guess the main thing is that I am up for the school board. In Manassas Park, it's an appointment process. I am one of three candidates this round. I had an interview last week and there was a public hearing tonight. I love my work on the Special Education Advisory Committee, but started wondering some time ago if I wouldn't be a better advocate for more kids if I put my name in for the school board.

DH encouraged me this time around. Okay, he gave me his blessing. As he left the house, he told me to "do well, but not too well." I think he is resigned... It's a job I want to do, if not now then in the future. It funny - someone on the council asked about this blog. I don't think they knew that it wasn't political, that it was just about Jimmy, Jacob, and the experience of being a mom to two distinctly different and exceptional kids.

We have also been looking at single family homes. We had an offer accepted on the other side of the tracks. Now we get to go through the mortgage process (we have a pre-approval - the queen of unorganization now has get paperwork together) and try to get this place rented. Mercifully, the mortgage isn't tied to the rental, but I don't want to be house poor, so we are seeking tenants.

And it's the last week of school. Jimmy has his neurology workup, Jacob has his physical for Pre-K, and the days at my job are going by at break neck speed. If I spend the summer moving, I imagine July and August will be the same way.

No comments: