Saturday, December 06, 2008

Biddy Ball for Dummies...

While Jimmy had a rare Friday session with his therapist in home, I took Jacob to his first Biddy Ball practice. He made a basket... while I was in the bathroom. It was his first attempt at organized sports and his lack of experience showed. Several of the kids had been on the team as four year olds the before. Jacob is barely five. I think we are going to set him up with a basketball to practice dribbling. He didn't get that at all. It will get better. Heck, he improved in the hour we were there.

This is my first competitive sports experience. I don't like this soccer mom thing, or in this case, basketball mom team. I want my baby to be instantly successful, I felt bad when I shooed him back to the group when he kept running over to me in the bleachers, and eying the other team with suspicion. Maybe I am not cut out for this kind of normal. Maybe martial arts would be better...

Uhhhhhhhhhh......

No comments: