Monday, February 02, 2009

The Washington Post gets it right... and wrong...

I was quoted in a Washington Post article about the bill being consider in Richmond at the committee level. I was happy to talk to the reporter, but he got one basic fact wrong.

"Like other parents of autistic children, Rachel Kirkland saw her little boy suddenly start sliding backward in time. Kirkland, a school librarian who lives in Manassas Park, said her son Jacob, now 5, was saying a few words by the end of his first year. Then his progress came to a halt."

No, Jacob isn't autistic too. Heavens no. I sent an e-mail to them and hope they will run a correction.

I am praying this bill makes it out of committee tomorrow. I know the small business people hate the notion of another mandate, but I had year's where I have spent what I made from my job in therapy bills. No one can afford that. Therapy is medical treatment. Insurance should cover treatment.

No comments: