Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Met a nice candidate tonight

So we had a busy meeting schedule today. After picking the boys up from daycare, we stopped by the Republican meet and greet thing in Manassas. I thought about staying for the speeches, but the elevator wasn't working. I also had promised to pop by and see the budget presentation at the town hall meeting. But I managed to meet the candidate who is running for the late Harry Parrish's delegate seat. His name is Jackson Miller - he and his wife were lovely people. I think it is great that I have met two nice people, Jackson and his Democratic challenger Jeanette Rishell, running for this seat. I think either would do a great job. Of course, reality is this is a Republican district... I introduced them both to Jimmy and Jacob. Jimmy wasn't interested. Jacob thought he should take off his shirt for Mrs. Miller. Gotta love my kids. I hope to have the opportunity to speak to him in the future about autism and the challenges families face. Politics aside, they are really nice people. I think when you enter public office, you are giving a lot of yourself. I appreciate anyone who does that, regardless of party.

Then we dropped by the townhall meeting in Manassas Park. Jacob continued the naked theme of the evening of dropping trou in the doorway of the Governing Board chambers in the middle of presentations. Yes, this is my normal child. I am going to join him in our room to watch the Jungle Book 2. Dad's downstairs watching Finding Nemo with Jimmy. Yes, it's late. We are competing to see who can get a child to sleep first.

Oh, and more on the daycare debacle tomorrow... It's going okay, but, my, is this whole situation stressful.

No comments: