Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Jimmy Recovers... sort of...

He got over the flu, but he isn't sleeping well. His doctor from Children's called and scheduled him for Friday for an appointment - if Kaiser can produce a referral. I can't believe this is even a question, but it is. So I have to wait to request a sub until I know if Kaiser will come through. This sucks. And all I want is for him to get more than six hours of sleep a night. Six or seven is all he gets... He basically goes until he crashes at like 1 or 2 am, then we drag him out to go to school. Even on the weekends, we drag him out just to try to get him on some sort of schedule - and we fail miserably. Jim bears the brunt of this and is just fried because of it.

In good news, he is doing okay in the afterschool program. Our therapist had her first session with him at the school and she was pretty positive. It's a huge learning curve for these people, taking him on like that, but I deeply appreciate it. They'll never know how much.

I am off to bed. I should clean. My house is obscenely trashed, but I have no energy. I do have a three day weekend, so there is hope I will get something done.

I'll keep you posted about Jimmy.

No comments: