Thursday, July 12, 2007

Does it really have to be such a big production?

So, I am still toying around with the idea of taking the boys to the zoo on Saturday. It's not something I can do, however, without benefit of a stroller. The boys have outgrown theirs. It makes no sense to buy a brand new jogging stroller for two - it would be $200 and, weight wise, would last me only a year. So I have been surfing CraigsList. There is one for $100 in Fairfax and another for $50 in Maryland. I would be interested in the $50 if it were here.

The problem isn't just the weight. Jimmy is tall enough that he can put his feet down and offer up a good fight if he doesn't want move from where he is. Always a problem at the mall with KB Toys. A bigger problem going from enclosure to enclosure at the zoo. Can't lure him away from the tigers with "Let's go see the elephants." He doesn't get it and will just want to stay with the tiger.

Being alone with two kids is essentially house arrest. I guess I should suck it up and get a wading pool for the weekend and have some fun.

No comments: