Saturday, July 14, 2007

The loveable, laughable logic of an autistic boy

When I was at Bloom the other day, I got roped into buying more than I needed. The most stupid expenditure was Spiderman popsicles. Jacob had one and I put them in the freezer. When we got home from going to Potomac Mills with Diana today, Jimmy took them out and to the top bunk of his bed, where he left them to melt. All because they were Spiderman and he liked them. I threw them away and Jacob helped me clean up the mess. A few hours later I go to take the trash out. I realize that the wet, melting box isn't in there. He took them back to his bed again. Needless to say, the sheets are getting done.

Potomac Mills was my compromise on the whole zoo thing. I just figured we would rent strollers. They were out everywhere in the mall. I had to hoof it over to the Old Navy entrance just to find them. Just getting to the information desk, I had Jimmy going limp on me because he wasn't to see the battery powered dog at KB Toys. Jacob took off on Diana at a full sprint and I had to chase him around a shoe store, where he relished hiding from me. Got a lot of laughs from the other customers. I don't think they realized how close I was to losing my shiznit.

Speaking of other customers, next time I put Jimmy in a mall stroller, it will be with a t-shirt saying "I am autistic. What's your excuse?" People are just too damn judgmental.

My house is thrashed, but at this point, it can wait until the morning. I am going to my bed. I think the last one is finally asleep. Peace at last.

No comments: