Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Better Living Through Chemistry

I start Jimmy on Lexapro tomorrow to combat the OCD and anxiety issues.  The thought is maybe if we address these issues, he will pace around less.  Failing that, we will treat the ADHD separately, but only after we look at the anxiety.  It is becoming increasingly debilitating for him.  I like the doctor he went to today - she was accommodating and supportive.  She even commented that she had never seen a child with so many services, which is something I will take credit for because I have busted my butt to get the help we have (which, according to the recommendations of the developmental pediatrician, still isn't adequate for his need.)    

Tomorrow I go back to the Community Services Board so they can determine that he is indeed still autistic.  Like its changed.  We are getting services from the CSB through FAPT already, so I am really unimpressed that some underling is making us jump through hoops - I am cooking up a whole post on this debacle, oh just you wait.  The phone call to schedule this appointment last week put me in the foulest of moods.  

Before I go, I feel the overwhelming need to apologize to all the people I am blowing off right now while dealing with Jimmy.  There are several - it is sort of all consuming at the moment and even if I am not directly dealing with, I am too emotionally exhausted to deal with much else.  I have good friends going through a lot right now and it makes me sad that I can't seem to be there for them the way I would like.  

No comments: