Tuesday, February 26, 2008

We've recovered...

The blog got away from me for a few days, but I am back. The flu has left the building. I am even returning to the gym tonight after I pick up the boys. I had to skip weigh in on Saturday, so I am wondering how that's going.

Jimmy's doing okay... I am pressing for him to be retained in first grade this year. He may make benchmarks in reading and math, but they aren't really able present other content in a meaningful way - at least, that's my thinking. But to have another year to work on the ABELLS (I hope I am spelling that right) and just another year to mature would be great. If you look at him, he doesn't seem six. He's tall and skinny, but he just is so young. It think if he were "normal," I would have the same concerns. Regular first graders seem so much bigger and mature by comparison.

No comments: