Thursday, March 13, 2008

I know I am behind...

I am running around, trying to get dressed, but I felt like I had to stop for a few minutes to let everyone know I am alive.

Jimmy has been sick since Friday. I thought it was the flu. He seemed better Monday, so I sent him to school. His fever was back on Monday night, so I took Tuesday off and took him to the doctor. Another ear infection, back on antibiotics. He still has a cough, but he is getting back to being Jimmy. While I was there, I got a referral for a pediatric neurologist. And not at Children's either - INOVA has a growing pediatric speciality, so I am going to give them a whirl. I scheduled the appointment far enough out so I don't have to miss anymore work - two days after I get off contract for the year. I will spend the summer doing the neurological workup I have wanted to do for so long.

SEAC met last night to see how bad the budget will be for special education. Relatively speaking, the cuts won't be so bad. I guess that is because of the legal requirements regarding special ed. Still, the growing needs of this population can't be ignored or diminished in bad budget years. It sounds like the bigger problem for us is the 5% spending cuts on the state level. That will hit special education and my son harder. I hope Governor Kaine and our elected reps can find a way to avoid doing it, especially to struggling jurisdictions.

And for those keeping track, I am still losing weight - I used my skip weigh in pass last week, so I am hoping for good news on Saturday. But I have been spending an increasing amount of time at the gym!!! Fortunately, the boys don't mind going.

No comments: