Saturday, August 16, 2008

How's it going???

We're okay. There is so much to do to getting the old townhome ready to rent and getting unpacked here. I could use an extra week of vacation, but alas, I go back on Monday. I am trying to pace myself. Jimmy went to bed an hour ago, so I have about eight boxes in front of me to unpack as my goal as I watch Michael Phelps and (finally) Dara Torres. DH hates the Olympics, but I love it. I admire athletes - more than merely being thin or healthy (things I continue to aspire to), they have such command over their bodies, a command with which they do amazing things. Michael Phelps swims like he has gills. Gymnasts flip and fly effortlessly. I am watching the marathon right now. I can't imagine running 26 miles. And none of these women have iPods on! How the heck do you do that???

It has hardly been without stress, but I have enjoyed my break. I needed it. I will likely put in for summer school next year or really find a little better structure for my time in the absence of buying a house and moving, but I can't imagine not having a school schedule now. I have said it before, I love my job. I love the kids, the work, and the perks!!!

Jimmy has session tomorrow morning. Community outings to work on his elopement and seat time. Better get through those boxes quickly.

No comments: