Saturday, July 11, 2009

Congressman Wolf Co-Sponsors the Autism Treatment Acceleration Act

I just got Congressman Wolf's latest missive and I am pleased to see that he has joined the bipartisan efforts of Democrat Mike Doyle and Republican Chris Smith and the House Autism Caucus (we have a caucus, who knew???) in cosponsoring HR 2413, the ATAA, which addresses not only the insurance issue, but the need for services for adults with autism as well. The bill also has some initiatives to better coordination of communication, services, and research. I am thrilled that he has signed on to this and will support it. It is my hope my elected officials in the Senate, Mark Warner and Jim Webb will do the same for the Senate version!

1 comment:

Chuck said...

I just found your blog through ASA-NV. Just FYI, Wolf has been part of the House Autism Caucus since 2003 when he voted with Chris Smith for the TEACH Act and has vote as I have recommended to him since 2003 on bills that I have tracked.