Sunday, July 26, 2009

Jimmy's 8...

Yesterday was Jimmy's 8th birthday. We didn't make a big deal about as to not confuse him at his birthday party next weekend. My in-laws took Jacob for the weekend, so we had some one-on-one time Jimmy. I didn't understand that not only did have to run Jacob out to Waldorf but back too, so that ate a lot of time, but we made the best of it. I took Jimmy to Toys R Us this morning to use his birthday money from my inlaws. Usually he asks for very little when we were out shopping, but we did the aisle to aisle thing and he left with another MagnaDoodle (those things are gold to him), a monster set of Lincoln Logs, a Star Wars playset, yet another set of Yo Gabba Gabba, a Spiderman ball, and a box of rabbit shaped organic macaroni and cheese. Yeah, I can't explain that one either. We will probably get him something small for his birthday, as the other grandma still has to gift him. My mom is very practical, so it likely a modest toy and some cool new shoes. Jimmy likes the gift thing, so it should be a good time regardless.

With all the car time, it really illustrated the need for me to do something about his seatbelt behavior. He got out of his belt in the back and decided to lean across me to adjust my radio just as everyone was hitting the breaks for Wilson Bridge construction. After the ride back, I went to the laptop and order more Angel Guards. We went about a year without them, but they are very needed. Having him as a passenger has become a terrifying proposition. It is getting to the point where it isn't safe to have him ride in the back without an adult. Hopefully they will come this week, so I can relax a little bit.

A big week... Depeche Mode on Tuesday with T. She is moving back to me to the ever-lovely Gainesville. I am in my happy place. I think our husbands are in mourning. It will be nice to have the bestie around.

No comments: