Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Special Needs Daycare CUP approved

The 123 ABC Little Learner's Academy CUP was approved today by the Manassas Park Governing Board this evening. While some daycares serve kids with special needs, this is the first daycare center in the Northern Virginia area that serves these children specifically, along with their typical siblings. This won't change Jimmy's arrangement in the near future, as we are very happy with Extended Care (especially with Jacob starting next year), this is an option I wish I had several years ago, when the boys were both younger. I think this will be a huge benefit to families who struggle to work and be comfortable with the level of care their special needs children are receiving in a daycare setting. I am thrilled to see this happen in my community.

No comments: