Thursday, December 31, 2009

An Actual Comment I Got About Autistic Kids

I have had too much time on my hands with the snow days so I commented on an article in a newspaper. I didn't realize there was a direct message function, so this was forwarded to my e-mail. The comment that he made in his post suggested giving autistic kids guns and ammo if they couldn't be institutionalized. The editor has since removed the comment.

"I just want to say I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings over this issue. I just say what is on my mind and sometimes the truth is hurtful to some. I applaud the devotion and dedication it must take to raise an autistic child, but it's just my opinion that they should be institutionalized and the school tax burden that they cause to skyrocket would deminish. It is no doubt the most difficult thing to ever do, to part with such a child. Tell me why people take them to restaurants to disturb somebody elses peaceful meal?"

I need to get back to work. No more holidays, no more snow days. I have too much time on the Internet with too many people who have entirely too many people who have too much time and opinions. Starting now... going to clean the guest room.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

who said this?

becky