Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Dolphin Feeding






So, one of the first things we did was the dolphin feeding at Sea World. We got in the line, bought the fish, and briefly waited. We came in, DH took the video camera to try to get footage of us feeding the dolphins and we set to it. Jacob is doing okay, but I have one hand on Jimmy. With his free hand, he is taking off his socks and shoes, wanting to go for a swim. I am thinking this isn't going well. Jacob is pushing up on the edge to get closer to the dolphins, so I can see him going in too. One of the trainers sees me struggling and asks if she can help, looking specifically at Jimmy, who wants to swim with the fishes. I introduce Jimmy. The next thing I know, she blows her whistles and calls over our own personal dolphin to feed, pet, and commune with. It was truly amazing. We were over the moon and I was moved by her generosity. It was the greatest gift to both my boys, but most especially Jimmy.

No comments: