Wednesday, February 22, 2006

This is how you give a presentation in a online class!

Jim went to the movies last night, the night I have class. Maybe he mentioned it to me, maybe not, but it didn't click that it was on a class night. On the night I had a presentation in class. Still, shouldn't be a big deal. Jim wanted to see the movie and I wanted to let him go. That was probably the first mistake. The kids were not cooperative in going to their room, so I had to do the presentation with them on the main level. That was the second mistake.

My presentation partner calls me. Her mic isn't working. So I had to do it solo. Never mind that I had not prepped to do this solo, but I rolled with it. We had a script for God's sake. Should be easy. A discussion on copyright, no sweat. So I start. I have Jimmy stripping naked and I have to ignore it. I have Jake taking apart the papsan chair (cheesy, but the kids love it.) I am getting pissed, but it's not like I can yell at him midpresentation. So I keep going.

We get to the Q&A. If there is a God, no one will have a question. Apparently He has it out for me, because there are three. First question - I have to quietly pause to get Jacob to quit yelling - (we have a text chat in our class - someone asked if I had a hungry cat next to me.) Second question - Jake got himself stuck in that papsan like it was a bamboo prison and is losing his mind. Senator McCain would have been having Viet Cong flashbacks. I had to stop mid answer, extract him from the bamboo, and go back to the question. Can I die now? At the break, I had enough left over Weight Watchers points for several glasses of wine or a brownie. I went with the brownie, but I think I needed the wine.

Comps are on March 31. I will be happy when that day is past and I am in the home stretch!

No comments: