Friday, October 13, 2006

Dreaming Big

So I am looking into when exactly Jimmy will be potty trained enough to get to go to the afterschool program. Yes, he isn't greatly successful yet - he's peed into a toilet twice. But I want to look forward to it. And why not? The afterschool program is essentially $50 a week. $50 versus the $140 that I am paying right now to have him "accomodated" at Childtime. Heck yes, I want him in the afterschool program. I wish they could just take him.

I also got a phone call that was soliticing donations for a place called Value Village. Turns out it is affliated with something called the National Children's Center, which has programs in DC and Maryland for developmentally disabled children and adults. I shot them an e-mail through their website at www.nccinc.org and I got a call back. Turns out they are considering extending their service area with programs in Virginia. I don't know much about them, but something is better than nothing.

Our respite provider has fallen off the face of the earth. Anyone want to come babysit my kids so I can clean my house?

No comments: