Thursday, May 21, 2009

Creigh Deeds Tweeted Me Back...

So I was messing around with Twitter this afternoon and I tried to tweet the candidates for governor of Virginia to ask them about their autism platform.  One of the democrats (or his staffer, but I think it might actually be him) actually responded.  He got my name wrong, but heck, he got the basic answer right...  I am so pleased.  

In fairness, I have had some correspondence with Terry McAuliffe's campaign on the issue and spoken to a Brian Moran staffer (I want to say it was Keith or Kevin) at length.  DH is swearing that he won't vote Moran because of his negativity towards McAuliffe about supporting Hillary Clinton over Obama.  He thought bringing it up was so stupid that he will not cast a vote for Moran now.  DH is now leaning Deeds.  I am still undecided, but I am going to take a close look at him.  I know more about McAuliffe as his folks have filled my mailbox.  ;)

Deeds' tweets are below.  It's great that he took the time to response off the cuff like that.  

  1. @Realrtyblah. Bottom line is families need more support but so does growing adult population with autism. 140 characters not enough 4 policy
  2. @Realrtyblah. 1. Require insurance coverage 2.Autism is epidemic. Schools need to be better equiped. 3. Autism waivers need to be expanded

No comments: