Friday, May 22, 2009

A Little Political Round Up...

 An idle little exercise, searching for quotes and positions about autism online.  

 Terry McAuliffe 
 
 I will have to post the contents of that letter he sent me, or at least quote from it heavily.  It's  downstairs, so that will wait until tomorrow.  After the article in The New Republic, he sent  me a longer letter regarding his plan to help individuals with autism and their families.

 Creigh Deeds

From the Roanoke Times:

"Democratic gubernatorial candidate Sen. Creigh Deeds of Bath County attended the rally and called autism a "national epidemic."

"It's just right that it be covered," Deeds said. "I believe eventually if this bill does not pass, the market will provide coverage. But we cannot wait.""

Brian Moran

From his own campaign website:

"Brian Moran will set the goal of making Virginia the leader in Special Needs education by the 

end of his term."


Bob McDonnell


Seems like he has supported autism organizations in the past, but I can't find a solid quote or policy statement online.  If anyone can hook me up, I would like to include it.  The effort to help kids like Jimmy is a bipartisan one (evidenced by Jackson Miller's unfailing support of HB 1588), so I hope that I can come up with something.

No comments: