Thursday, September 29, 2005

A New Toy Box

I went to the Child Study for Jimmy yesterday afternoon. They are evaluating him for (and likely recommending) Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy (in addition to the Speech Therapy that he is currently receiving) for inclusion in his IEP. The timing was perfect, since the next IEP meeting is scheduled for December. I very much like the principals at the school, even though I still don't think much of the actual physical move to the elementary school. These people are trying - I only wish I had the money to do more. Kaiser, as we all know, does nothing.

After the meeting, I ran a few errands. I stopped at Toys R Us, where I bought Grandma Liz's early birthday present for Jake: a new toy box. I can now pick up all the toys off the living room floor, shut the lid and completely reclaim the space. It's great. He seems to like it too - they took about half the toys out of it and then Jake got in it to play with the ones that remained in the box. A fairly novel use for the box!

No comments: