Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Survived BTS Night

It went pretty well. We were there for over an hour. I saw the other two kids in Jimmy's class, both Latino, which may explain why he was running around the living room this morning counting to ten in Spanish. The kids are very sweet.

I found out that the autism class that they were supposed to have at Cougar didn't happen. Jimmy might have to leave MP next year and go to a school in Prince William to get the education that he needs. That concerns me. They are also not doing the amount of ABA that I thought they would. His teacher says a colleague in Fairfax teaching in the PAC (Preschool Autism Class) says ABA makes these kids into little automatons. I don't necessarily want that, but I would love for him to be able to do more and be in a normal classroom and learn like everyone else. Maybe that can happen without ABA, but it seems to be the treatment of choice, the only one that has ever had any real documented results.

I am back to school this morning for a child study for occupational therapy. Then I think I am going to Coldstone for some ice cream therapy. I could use it about now.

No comments: