Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Not Much to Report

Jimmy has completed his first week of medication. So far the only real effect I have noticed is that his sleeping more calmly. It's no longer like he is running a race while he is in bed. Beyond that, it remains to be seen. Starting this weekend, he gets a morning dose. Needless to say, I am curious about any chance with the added dose.

Tonight is back to school night for Jimmy's class, with our first look at the trailer. I am unsure if the class has moved into the trailer. I am a little annoyed with the school. They sent home all of this information and paperwork for the ECSE and Pre-K classes, yet all the content was geared towards the fourth and fifth grade classes, which have historically been the only grade levels at the school. I really wonder why these programs are such an afterthought to the administrators. Perhaps it is because they are marginalized populations to begin with. To be in Pre-K, it requires a need for services, whether it be special ed, part of the lower socio-economics levels in the community, or students for which English is a second language. At this point, I am very disappointed with apathy that I see being conveyed in the actions of the administrators in school district. Not to say that they haven't done a good many things right in the past, but I am not very happy with them at the moment.

No comments: