Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Currently Following Me Around...



I am likely starting to sound like Eeyore, too.  I still haven't gotten any sort of satisfactory resolution to Monday's debacle.  I am still seething about how that all went down.  I have a meeting scheduled next Tuesday regarding FAPT, but before that I have Back to School Night tomorrow night.  A night I usually enjoy, I am actually dreading for fear of confrontation.

The HOA's ARB denied our request for the fence for Jimmy.  We are having to appeal it.  We never got a letter or a phone call - nothing.  I had heard horror stories about the Blooms Crossing HOA and I am depressed to find out that there is likely some truth to them.  If they don't work with us regarding our appeal, do we get a lawyer?  Three of our four neighbors have fences - we aren't trying to build Fort Knox, just a four foot high fence for the backyard so Jimmy can finally run around.  What part of "flight risk" do they not understand?  Ridiculous.  

I miss my friends.  There are so many people I don't see anymore.  T, Amy, E.D., Mel, so many really important people that my situation precludes me from seeing as much as I would like.  Or, like Amy, they move away.  I haven't even seen my mom in a few weeks and she is only an hour away.  

And I am still sick, though Becky may have given me a hint what it could be wrong - she and Jamie were diagnosed with giardia after visiting here.  Usually it is associated with well water, but given that this house was as shut up for months, it is entirely possible that a parasite was living in our pipes or something.  I took samples to the lab this morning and the doctor's office called back and asked me for (I kid you not) six more.  So that's what I need to do in the morning.  

I suppose that these are all small things.  Well, smallish.  Taken together, however, and it just weighs on you.  That's sort of where I am at mentally in this moment.  I know it won't last forever - it never does, but for now, it does suck.

No comments: