Friday, September 12, 2008

Melting down...

I got a note home from school today - it took two adults and 35 minutes to get Jimmy to participate in a group walk today in gym. Tonight, he melted down when I met my in-laws for dinner at Denny's. It was totally my fault, actually. I forgot Denny's was next to McDonald's. With that oversight, I set us up for failure with lots of crying and repeating "McDonalds, please." I barely ate. He was a mess. My in-laws had never seen him like that and completely taken aback by the episode. I am trying to tell myself that we have good and bad stretches and we are temporarily in a bad one. If that doesn't comfort me, I can find more in that if I am to be stuck at home, it is in a great house with some great carryout places (like Noodles and Company and Ledo's) opening nearby in the next four to six weeks. It's not so bad.

Right?

No comments: