Monday, September 01, 2008

An unwelcome houseguest...

I have two e-friends in the line of fire from Gustav, one in New Orleans and the other in Lafayette. I haven't from Lafayette in a couple of hours - she is home with her hubby and son. She is also midway through her second pregnancy. I was hoping she would leave - even had it arranged for her to stay with my family in Texas - his entire family stayed (I think), so they did as well. My friend in New Orleans still has computer access. He says he is just starting to get the scary stuff, that the ditches are filling in with water and they lost a tree in the yard. They have no power, so I can't figure out how on earth he still has Internet - a laptop with dial up, maybe?

I really hope the damage to New Orleans is minimal. That region has been through quite enough.

No comments: